The University has in recent years developed extensive cooperation with some of the leading universities in the world that aim to transform teaching, research and administration.
The University of Yangon is a member of
The University collaborates extensively with the institutes of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organisation (SEAMEO) including RELC (Languages), CHAT (Culture and History), RIHED (Higher Education Development) and QITEP (Science), as well as with projects funded by bilateral and multilateral development agencies. These projects include:
Every year the University welcomes over one hundred international students from more than a dozen countries, mainly to study Myanmar language or on regional exchange programmes.
The University of Yangon is proud of its extensive links with Universities and other institutions from Japan, Korea, China, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Hungary, Germany, Australia, Italy, Norway, America, England.
1. University of Yangon is member of ASEAN Universities Network (AUN)
2. Collaboration between University of Yangon and Chung Ang University, Korea (Supported by KOICA)
3. Collaboration between Anthropology Department, University of Yangon & Hanyang University, Korea (Supported by KOICA).
4. Collaboration between Law Department, University of Yangon & Nagoya University, Japan.
1. Scholar Exchange to IR, Law and Archaeology Dept., supported by Open Society Foundations (OSF)
2. Visiting Professor Program under AUN-SEED/Net Program