TOOLKIT is a three years (2018-2021) international project co-funded by the European Union in the frame of Erasmus+ Capacity Building Key Action 2 the field of higher education. It is a multi-country project, which comprises Higher Education Institutions from Laos, Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
TOOLKIT’s main aim is the enhancement and modernization of the internationalization strategies pursued by Asian universities, especially in terms of the capabilities displayed by the university governance and IRO staff in building up an “Asian way” to internationalization. To achieve this result the project will focus on the following main objectives:
- Drafting efficient and sustainable strategies, to support the Asian Universities in developing or updating their international relations strategies in a way that they can address challenges and needs of Asian Higher Education. A strong emphasis is addressed on students and faculty members as the real protagonists and catalysts behind an effective modernization of local HES;
- Designing and supervising innovative educational projects, enhancing the capacity of IRO staff and Faculty members in writing and managing international educational projects.
- Designing a shared mobility management model that will enable Asian Partners to better strategize, promote and manage student mobility flows within their respective regions and beyond.
- Consolidating a diffuse and long-lasting engagement towards HE internationalization strategies in the three counties involved, capable of encompassing not only the academic community, but also local policymakers, economic stakeholders, and civil society;
- Establishing and nurturing a network of European and Asian universities, so to share knowledge and good practices, while supporting the effective integration of the higher education systems of Myanmar, Laos, and Sri Lanka within a regional and global framework.
Please visit it at this link: https://site.unibo.it/toolkit or you can find the link also here
On 29th January 2020 the University of Yangon Toolkit project team delivered a half-day training workshop for representatives of the International Relations Offices from 18 other universities in Yangon. The aims of the workshop were:
- To familiarise the other universities with the development of the International Cooperation Office at UY
- To share the learning from the Chinlone and Toolkit projects.
- To consider how the IROs of different universities can collaborate in the future.
Presentations covered the Toolkit project, an introduction to internationalisation, developing a website and the basics of how to set up an international relations office in the Myanmar context. Participants worked on developing their international strategies, and in the final session a lively discussion developed about some of the challenges of international working.
Participation-in-the-Toolkit-Myanmar-Cascade 29th January 2020
Outcomes included sharing the presentations and setting up an email group to keep in touch, and to meet again for further training in the next phases of the Toolkit project.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org