Dr San San Win is a Professor of the Department of International Relations and Political Science, University of Yangon. She got her BA (IR) Q Credit (1993), MA (IR) Credit (2003) and PhD (IR) (2010) degrees from University of Yangon. She also achieved Diploma in CAU-KOICA Program on International Studies (2014) from University of Yangon. She joined the Department of International Relations, University of Yangon as a tutor in 1998. She became assistant lecturer at this department in 2006. Then, she was promoted as Lecturer in 2011. In 2015, she became associate professor and was transferred to Yadanarbon University. She worked there two years and in 2017, she was transferred to Dagon University. In 2021, she was assigned as a Professor at the Department of International Relations and Political Science, University of Yangon. She teaches diverse courses including Introduction to IR and Post-Cold War IR. Her research fields include trade related researches, East West Economic Corridor: Benefits and Future Prospects for Myanmar and Political Development in Myanmar. Her PhD dissertation focuses on “Myanmar’s Border Trade with Neighbouring Countries: Bangladesh, China and India since 1994”.
(1) Trade Policy Reforms in Myanmar (1988-2010), Universities Research Journal, Vol. 7, No.4, Feb, 2015, p. 333-347
(2) Cross Border Trade Between Myanmar and North East India (1995-2010), Universities Research Journal, Vol. 8, No.4, Aug, 2016, p. 225-241
(3) Political Development in Myanmar since 2011, Dagon University Research Journal, Vol. 10, Aug, 2019, p. 57-65
(4) Thailand’s Positive Engagement with Myanmar since 2011: Border Tourism, Universities Research Journal, Vol. 12, No.9, Dec, 2020, p. 367-383
(5) China’s Look South Strategy towards Myanmar: Muse Border Trade Zone, Dagon University Research Journal, Vol. 12, No. 1, Sep, 2021, p. 135-142