Dr. Nilar Kyu
Professor / Head of Department
Department of Psychology, University of Yangon
BA (Hons) (Psychology), Mandalay University, 1994
MA (Psychology), Mandalay University, 1999
PhD (Psychology), Graduate School of Education and Human Development, Nagoya University, Japan, 2004
Present Fields of Research
1. Nilar Kyu & Kanai, A. (2003). The prevalence, antecedents and consequences of sexual harassment in the Myanmar workplace, Japanese Journal of Administrative Science, Vol.6, No.3, 209-225.
2. Nilar Kyu & Kanai, A. (2005). Prevalence, antecedent causes and consequences of domestic violence in Myanmar, Asian Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.8, Issue 3, 224-227.
3. Than Than Maw & Nilar Kyu, (2010). Measurement and correlates of workaholism among some white-collar workers, Journal of the Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science, Vol. VIII, No.8, 114-126..
4. Than Than Maw & Nilar Kyu, (2009). An investigation of the consequences of workaholism among some white-collar workers. Magway University Researach Journal, Vol.1, No, 1, 336-348.
5. Nilar Kyu & Nwet Ye Ye Aung. (2009). An investigation of the relationship between Big-Five personality traits and career decidedness among adolescents. Universities Research Journal, Vol, 2, 152-164.
6. Nilar Kyu & Zaw Zaw Aung. (2012). An investigation of the relationship between work-family conflict and job satisfaction. Mandalay University Research Journal, Vol.3, 209-219.
7. Nwe Nwe Aung & Nilar Kyu. (2012). The effect of coping strategies on psychological and physical well-being in some university students. Universities Research Journal, Vol.5, No.5.
8. Nilar Kyu & Phyu Phyu Khaing. (2011). The contribution of personality factors to career success in some organizations in Myanmar. Universities of Research Journal, Vol. 4, No.7, 151-166.
9. May Lwin Nyein & Nilar Kyu (2014). An investigation of the relationship between attachment styles and work-family linkage, Journal of the Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science, Vol.XII, No. 10, 45-62.
10. Cung Ling & Nilar Kyu. The relationship between personality types and career aspirations of university students in Myanmar, Journal of the Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science (in press). The Best Paper Award in Psychology (2011).
E mail Address