Dr Thanda Aye
Professor, Department of Botany
B.Sc(Hons:) M.Sc(Plant Tissue Culture), PhD(Horticulture)
Demonstrator (1993-2000) , Assistant Lecturer (2000-2006 ),
Lecturer (2006-2011), Associate Professor (2011-2016), Professor (2016-until now)
Plant Tissue Culture, Plant Physiology, Plant Nutrition and Stress Tolerance, Pre and Post-Harvest Physiology of Horticultural Crops, Vegetable and Small Plant-Grafting, and Biochemistry, Biostatistics
SEAMEO-SEARCA Scholarship award for PhD (Horticulture) in University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), Philippines (2000 -2005)း Korean Foundation for Advanced Studies (KFAS) fellowship award, Department of Horticultural Biotechnology in Kyungpook National University (KNU), Daegu, Republic of Korea (2014 -2015)း Research Collaboration: Kyoto University (2015)Faculty Development Fellowship Program at the Central European University (CEU) (2019)
(1). Thanda Aye. 2006. Determination of the effect of Foliar Application of Potassium and Nitrogen Containing Compounds On Flower Bud Break of ‘Seintalone’ Mango. Journal of the Myanmar Academy of Arts & Science.Vol 3.No.4.
(2). Thanda Aye. 2007. Use of Trunk Injection Technique in Promoting Flowering of ‘Carabao’ Mango (Mangifera indica L., Journal of the Myanmar Academy of Arts & Science. Vol 5. No.4. (Received the best paper award)
(3). Thanda Aye, Khin Myo Thant and Kyi Kyi Khaing. 2009. Investigation on in vitro culture of vanilla plant. Universities Research Journal. Vol. 5.
(4). Nirmal, S. A.; S. C. Pal; S. O. Otimenyin; Thanda Aye; Mostafa Elachouri; Sukalyan Kumar Kundu; RajarajanAmirthalingam Thandavarayan and S. C. Mandal. 2015. Contribution of Herbal Products in Global Market. The Pharma Review, Kollata, India. Pp 95-104.
(5). Thanda Aye, Su Lat Win and Wai Wai Lwin. 2014. In vitro Culture of Pueraria mirifica (Airy Shaw and Suvatab). Journal of the Asia Research Center (ARC-Myanmar)
(6). ArunMuthukrishnan, Aung Htay Naing, Su Min Jeon, Trinh Ngoc Ai, Thanda Aye and Chang Kil Kim. 2017. Sodium Nitroprusside Stimulates Growth and Shoot Regeneration in Chrysanthemum. Hortic. Environ. Biotechnol. 58(1):78-84.
(7). Han Su Yin Thet and Thanda Aye. 2018. In Vitro Plantlets Production of Bulbophyllum auricomum L. cv. Dawei. First Myanmar – Korea Conference Research Journal.
(8) Han Su Yin Thet and Thanda Aye. 2018. Flower Production of Bulbophyllum auricomum L. through the application of Plant Growth Regulators and Chemicals. UTRJ Vol. 8, pp 75 – 85.
(9) PeangjaiJianwitchayakul, Soe Soe Aung, Thanda Aye, Mya Zar Li, Aye Aye Mu, Zinmar Myint. 2018. Diversity of Culinary Herbs and Ethnobotany in Hlawga wildlife park, Yangon City, Republic of the Union of Myanmar. Proceeding of the 2nd International Conference of “Multidisciplinary Approaches on UN Sustainable Development Goals”(UNSDGs), Bankok, Thailand. Vol 6.
(10) Thanda Aye, Mie Mie Soe and Tin Moe Phyu. 2019. Varies of Myanmar Mangoes and Off-season Fruit Production of Mangifera indica L. cv. Sein ta lone. 3rd Myanmar Korea Research Journal. Vol. 3. No. 3. Pp 883 – 894.
(11) Tin Moe Phyu and Thanda Aye. 2019. Comparative Study of Potassium Nitrate and Ethylene on Flowering and Fruit Production of Mangifera indica L. cv. Sein ta lone mango. 3rd Myanmar Korea Research Journal. Vol. 3. No. 3. Pp 1000 – 1013.
(12) Thandar and Thanda Aye. 2019. Comparative Study on Nutritive value of Three Selected Native Pasture Grasses at Different Cutting Intervals. 3rd Myanmar Korea Research Journal. Vol. 3. No. 3. Pp 895 – 902.
(13) Htet Htet Lynn and Thanda Aye. 2019. Study on Useful Plants Angiosperms Growing in Mong Kung Township and Its Surrounding Area. UYRJ Vol. 9, No. 2. Pp 9 – 22.
(14) PeangjaiJianwitchayakul, Soe Soe Aung, Thanda Aye, Mya Zar Li, Aye Aye Mu, Zinmar Myint. 2018. Ethnobotany in Mon State, Republic of the Union of Myanmar. The Golden Teak: Science and Technology Journal Year 6, Vol. 1.
(15) Thanda Aye, Soe Soe Aung, Nwet Nwet Aung, Mya Zarli, Aye Aye Mu, Zin Mar Myint, Khin Thin Thin, Hteik h/teik Linn, and Han Su Yin Thet. 2019. Composting Process from Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) of University of Yangon Campus. UYRJ Vol. 9, No. 2. Pp 139 – 150.
(16) Nwet Nwet Aung, Thanda Aye, Aye Pe. 2009. Vesicular-Arbuscular infection and Mycorrhizal Dependency on yield of Vigna sinensis L. Universities’ Research Journal Vol. 2, No. 1
(17) Min Kyaw Thu, Thanda Aye and Khin Maung Swe. 2009. Pollination ecology of Cucumis sativus L. in Hmawbi Township, Yangon Division. Universities Research Journal. Vol. 2 (1): pp 103-114.
Text Book Publication
Bot. 2109 – Horticulture (2013)
Bot 3109 – Plant Physiology I (2013)
Bot 3109 – Plant Physiology II (2014)
Bot 3111 – Plant Tissue Culture (2014)
Bot 4104 – Biochemistry (2014)
Bot 4110 – Biostatistics (2015)
Bot 5202 -Stress Physiology I (2015)
Bot 5208 -Stress Physiology II (2015)
Bot 5203 – Advanced Plant Tissue Culture (2015)
Bot 624 – Research Methods and Fundamental Techniques (2010)
Supervision and Examiners
|External Examiner (MSc/MRes) /td>
| PhD Member
| Internal Examiner (MRes)
| Referee (PhD)
– Focal Person of TIDE Project
– Co-Chairperson of Primary and Middle School Science New Curriculum Subject-Wise Committee
– Member of High School New Curriculum Subject-Wise Committee
– Member of Board of Studies in Botany
– Member of PhD Steering Committee of Botany, University of Yangon
09794 323 949