Dr Omar Myint
Department of Zoology, University of Yangon
BSc (Honours) (Zoology), University of Yangon
MSc (Zoology), University of Yangon
MSc (Behavioural Ecology), Osaka City University, Japan
PhD (Behavioural Ecology), Osaka City University, Japan
Assistant Lecturer (2010-2015)
Associate Professor (2020- to date)
Japanese Government Scholarship (2005-2011)
Netherland Fellowship (2015)
Netherland Fellowship (2016)
Animal Behaviour, Ecology and Evolution, Ichthyology
E mail Address
1. Myint, O., Takeyama, T., Okuda, N., Ohnishi, N., Kohda, M., 2011. Mate availability facilitates cannibalistic behaviour in a nest brooding fish: effects of timing during the brood cycle. Behaviour Journal, 148: 247-264.
2. Myint, O., Tsujimoto, H., Ohnishi, N., Takeyama, T., Kohda, M., 2011. Mate availability affects female choice in a fish with paternal care: Female counterstrategies against male filial-cannibalism. Journal of Ethology, 29: 153-159.
3. Takeuchi, Y., Hori, M., Myint, O., Kohda, M., 2010. Lateral bias of agonistic responses to mirror images and morphological asymmetry in the Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens). Behavioural Brain Research Journal, 208-1: 106-111.
4. Morimoto, Y., Shibata, J., Takahata, M., Myint, O., Kohda, M., 2010. Male Isaza (Gymnogobius isaza, Gobiidae) prefer large mates: a counterstrategy against brood parasitism by conspecific female. Journal of Ethology, 28: 429-436.
5. Myint, O., San San Myint, Maung Maung Gyi, Kohda, M., 2011. Timing of partial clutch filial cannibalism in the monogynous goby, University of Yangon Research Journal, 3-1: 289-296.
6. Myint, O., San San Myint, Maung Maung Gyi, 2013. Multiple cues used by female in an ornamental fish Poecilia latipina. Journals of Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science, 11-4: 141-149
7. San San Myint, Myint, O, Maung Maung Gyi, 2013. The aggressive behaviour of Betta splendens and their social hierarchy. Journals of Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science, 11-4: 81-88.
8. Omar Myint and San San Myint, 2019. The effect of zoo visitors on non-human primate species, Rhesus macaques and Gibbons at Yangon Zoological Garden. Yangon University Research Journal, 9-2: 633-641.
9. Khin Lin Lin Kyaw, San San Myint, Omar Myint, Nyunt Nyunt Oo, 2020. Diversity of fish species and fishing gear used in lower segment of Thanlwin river and its tributary, Hpa-an Township. Hpa-an University Research Journal,11-1: 121-127.