Dr. Ko Myint
Associate Professor, Department of Environment and Water Studies, University of Yangon ,Myanmar.
komyint79@ uy.edu.mm, firstname.lastname@example.org
● 1994 – 2000, BSc (Hons) (Zoology). University of Yangon, Myanmar
● 2000 – 2002, MSc (Zoology). University of Yangon, Myanmar
● 2002 – 2007, PhD (Zoology: Herpet-Ecology). University of Yangon, Myanmar
ASEAN-US Science and Technology Fellow
ASEAN-US Science and Technology Fellowship Program for 2015-2016
(1) Biodiversity Champion in ASEAN-US Science and Technology Fellow Program 2015-2016
(2) Best Science Presentation Award in 2014 in Hinthada University
2002-2002 Demonstrator Department of Zoology Hpa-an Degree College
2002-2010 Demonstrator Department of Zoology University of Yangon
2010-2014 Assistant Lecturer Department of Zoology Hinthada University
2014-2020 Lecturer Department of Zoology University of Yangon
2020- till now Lecturer Water and Environmental Studies Department University of Yangon
Aquatic Ecology, Biodiversity and Wildlife Conservation, Herpetology, Hydrology and Environment
Current Research Activity
1. Highland Fauna of Natmataung National Park in Chin State (2019-2021).
2. Ecology and Nesting Activities of Green Turtels on the Thameehla island in Ayeyarwady Region (2019-2022).
3. Survey on Sea Turtle nesting and bycatch study along the coastal areas in Myanmar (2017-2023).
● Ko Myint, 2005. The nesting behabiour of Olive ridely turtle (Lepidochelys olivacea) during 2003-2004 nesting season in Bogalay township, Ayeyarwady region. Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science Research Journal. Vol. 3, No. 4.
● Ko Myint, 2009. Population assessment and nesting ecology of marine turtle in Ayeyawardy Delta Region. Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science Research Journal. Vol. II, No. 4.
● Su Su Naing and Ko Myint, 2016. Impacts of Trade and Conservation Status of Snakes in Myanmar. Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science Research Journal. Vol. XIV, No.
● Ko Myint and Khin Mi MI Zaw, 2011. Some ecological aspects of White lipped pit viper, Trimerusus albolabris species Richness, Distribution and Diversity. Universities Research Journal. Vol. 6, No. 2.
● Ko Myint and Win Maung, 2010. Nest-site selection of Green turtle, Chelonia mydas Linneaus, 1758 on the Thameehla island. Hinthada University Research Journal. Vol. 2, No. 1.
● Ko Myint, 2012. Distribution and Diversity of Amphibians around Duya ‘Inn’
Environs in Hinthada Township. Hinthada University Research Journal. Vol. 4, No. 1.
● Ko Myint, 2014. Distribution and Status of Snake Diversity around
Hinthada University Camous, Township. Hinthada University Research Journal. Vol. V, No. 1.
● Ko Myint, 2016. Marine Turtle Convervation Policy: Kadogalay and Gayetgy Islands should be established the marine Protected Areas for Sustainability Nesting of Olive ridley turtle. Asean-US Science and Technology Policy Review.
● Phone Zaw Oo and Ko Myint, 2019. Nesting Activities of Sea turtles on the Oyster Island in Sittway Environs, Northern Rakhine State. Sittway University Research Journal. Vol.6, No.2.